A. Educational goals:
- Cultivate professionals with culinary and service expertise
- Cultivate professionals with operation and management expertise
B. Core competencies:
- To gain culinary and service proficiency
- To gain knowledge in food theory and basic understanding
- To gain practical and application proficiency
- To gain restaurant operation and management skills
- To gain language communication and computer skills
C. Developing features
Originally there are two classes, regular and continuous education, in our department. To respond to the developing policy of country and the international trend of food and beverage industry, a Master program in food and beverage industry innovation is established in 2014. The purpose of this program is to cultivate professionals with innovative and managerial abilities in food and beverage industry. Developing features include:
- Rooted in basic cooking and catering services, enhance practical skills
- There are well-equipped kitchen and food service classrooms, to provide students with basic training in cooking and service skills.
- Courses are focused on practicality, professionalism and updated trends. Dividing into three areas of expertise: cooking and catering services, food and beverage theory and practice, & food and beverage planning and management.
- Recruiting Michelin three-star chef to teach our department, so that students can be familiar with international food trends while learning professional cuisine techniques and English.
- The implementation of management theory, broad and deep application capabilities
- Establishing basic managerial knowledge by means of teaching courses of Food and beverage management, Hotel management, Accounting, Cost control, Human resources, Management information system, Marketing.
- Arranging internships in related restaurants to increase the practical experience and learn the features and characteristics of different business models and Strategy.
- Inviting guest speakers to address lectures on related industries management.
- To strengthen language skills and foster international mind
- Providing cuisine-related languages courses, to increase language proficiency in English, Japanese, French, etc.
- Attending international exchange activities and overseas internships to increase students’ language interactive learning opportunities, and to foster international mind by learning international food culture.
- Signing contracts with famous European and American hospitality schools on dual-academic system, exchange students, and collaborated teaching activities, to increase international career mobility of students.